The driver's airbag is installed in the steering wheel hub.
We remove the driver's airbag when removing the steering wheel, also when the airbag is deployed.
A Torx T-30 wrench is required to remove the airbag
Disconnect the negative battery terminal
Attempting to remove the airbag without turning off the power may result in unexpected deployment of the airbag;
- you can proceed with the following operations to remove the airbag only after the activator capacitor is completely discharged.
To discharge the capacitor, after disconnecting the wire from the minus terminal of the battery, wait at least 10 seconds;
- it is forbidden to disassemble the airbag module;
- do not drop the airbag module and get water, grease or oil on it;
- the airbag module removed from the vehicle must be stored on a flat horizontal surface, with the module facing upwards;
- do not expose the airbag module to temperatures above 95˚ C;
—when installing the module in the steering wheel of the car, stay outside the airbag deployment zone;
- the first time you turn on the ignition after installing the airbag, you need to be outside the car and turn on the ignition lock by reaching out under the lower casing of the steering column.
Unscrew the left airbag mounting screw in the steering wheel hub
We also unscrew the right screw of the pillow
Raise the airbag module
Remove the pillow from the steering wheel hub and unfasten the retainer of the airbag wiring harness block
Disconnect the wiring harness from the airbag module
Remove the module
Install the airbag in reverse order.