We install the cylinder head after repair, inspection and fault detection.
Before installing the cylinder head, set the cylinder pistons to the middle of the stroke.
It is necessary to degrease the seating surfaces of the cylinder head and cylinder block.
Checking the presence of the guide bushing on the cylinder block.
We install the Mot.104 tool or a cut stud as a second guide on the cylinder block.
Install the cylinder head gasket on the cylinder block.
Installing the block head.
Turn out tool Mot.104 or a cut stud as a second guide.
We tighten the block head bolts in the indicated sequence in Figure 1 to a torque of 20 ± 2 Nm.
After tightening the bolts, we still tighten all the bolts in the indicated sequence by an angle of 240 ± 6˚.
Installing hydraulic valve compensators (Figure 2).
Check the performance of the hydraulic pushers: - press on the upper part of the hydraulic pusher, if the cylinder is pressed in easily, then the hydraulic pusher may be clogged with resin.
It is necessary to immerse the hydraulic pusher in kerosene or diesel fuel to dissolve the resins.
After that, you need to immerse the hydraulic pusher in oil and check again.
If after that the hydraulic lifter does not become elastic, then the hydraulic lifter is faulty and needs to be replaced.
Installing the rocker arms (Fig. 3).
Lubricate the camshaft bearings with engine oil.
Installing camshafts Removing camshafts and hydraulic lifters K4M Nissan Almera.
Degrease the seating surface of the cylinder head and cylinder head cover.
Apply Loctite 518 sealant with a roller until it turns reddish.
If sealant gets on the camshaft bearings, be sure to wipe it off.
Installing the cylinder head cover.
We tighten the cylinder head cover in the order shown in Figure 6 in stages:
- 1st stage - bolts 22, 23, 20 and 13 with a tightening torque of 8 Nm (0.8 kgf.m);
- 2nd stage - bolts 1 - 12, 14 - 19, 21 and 24 with a tightening torque of 15 Nm (1.5 kgf.m);
- 3rd step - loosen bolts 22, 23, 20 and 13;
- 4th stage - tighten bolts 22, 23, 20 and 13 with a tightening torque of 15 Nm (1.5 kgf.m).
Remove the locking bolt of the eccentric cam pusher (1) of tool Mot. 1669 (see fig. 7).
We screw in the standard locking bolt of the eccentric cam pusher (2), applying a drop of Loctite Frenetanch (gluesealant) on its threads.
Tighten the locking bolt of the eccentric cam follower to 15 Nm.
We apply Loctite518 sealant to the seating surface of the oil separator cover (Figure 8).
Install the oil separator cover.
We tighten in the indicated order with the required torque the new bolts for fastening the oil separator in the holes without threads, new or old bolts for fastening the oil separator cover in the threaded holes (see Fig. 9).
Install the camshaft dephaser solenoid valve seal using tool Mot1513 (see Fig. 10) and the intake camshaft dephaser solenoid valve.
We tighten the bolts of the solenoid valve of the phase regulator of the intake camshaft with a torque of 10 Nm.
Using the tool (2) Mot1503, we install the cylinder head cover plug (1) (Figure 11).
We apply GRAISSEFLUORE lubricant (strip width 2 mm) to all four ignition coils along the inner circumference of the high voltage wire cap (Figure 12).
We wrap the spark plugs. We install the ignition coils in place.
Reinstall the camshaft sensor with a new gasket (Figure 13).
Install the intake pipe gaskets and install the intake pipe.
Tighten the inlet pipe in accordance with Figure 14.
Further assembly is carried out in the reverse order of disassembly.
Tightening torques for fasteners when installing the cylinder head:
Knot - Torque Nm
- Cylinder head cover bolts 1 to 12, 14 to 19 and 21 to 24 - 15
- Cylinder head cover bolts 13, 20, 22, 23 - 15
- Eccentric cam follower stop bolt - 15
- New oil separator bolts in unthreaded holes - 15
- New or old oil separator bolts in threaded holes - 10
- Inlet camshaft dephaser solenoid valve bolt - 10
- Candles - 25-30
- Ignition coil bolts - 15
- Camshaft sensor mounting bolt - 10
- Intake pipe mounting bolts - 9
- Timing belt idler pulley bolt - 45
- Timing idler axle nut - 27
- TDC lock hole plug - 20
- Timing Top Cover Bolts - 41
- Throttle valve mounting bolts - 11
- Lifting eye bolts (flywheel side) - 10
- Lifting eye bolts (timing side) - 35